NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE 2017 UPDATES
This 2-day course is designed to provide a complete overview of the general chapters in the National Electrical Code® including the most pertinent 2017 changes. Participants will learn how to effectively use the 2017 NEC® in applying it to their everyday jobs. This course is geared specifically for personnel in large buildings, facilities, and industrial settings. Selection of conductors and overcurrent devices will be discussed, as well as wiring methods, wiring materials, grounding & bonding, plus so much more.
- Chapters 1-4 of 2017 NEC including pertinent changes
- New definitions added and changes made
- Labeling requirements for new installations
- GFCI requirements for other than dwelling units
- Neutral conductors permitted for only one multiwire branch circuit
- Grounding and Bonding changes
- Revisions to tables for ampacity selection, derating, and adjustment factors
- Disconnects for transformers
NOTE: Earning CEU Credit
Professionals should consult their association or regulating body prior to registering for this training course to ensure acceptance as part of their professional development. Lewellyn requires advanced notice when CEU’s are necessary to cover any additional cost that may be incurred.