CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Director of Lead Development & Marketing Function
Lewellyn Technology/Predictive Service has a new opening for a Director of Lead Development and Marketing. This individual can be located in either Indianapolis or Cleveland as we have offices in both locations. This is truly going to be an interesting and exciting job that will allow you to guide the efforts of a great group of inside sales, lead generation, and marketing professionals (approximately 6 people initially). You’ll be spearheading our marketing efforts for our newly-combined organization and will have a chance to make a positive impact on the company as a whole! The ideal candidate will have experience managing and motivating people to accomplish a complex task; a marketing background; some experience conducting business research; and overseeing a website. (This is not a sales position. Additionally, if you don’t have any experience managing the efforts of others or you don’t enjoy doing it, this isn’t the job for you.)
Duties and responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Managing both marketing and inside sales/lead development teams including hiring, training, daily oversight, managing workloads, schedules and deadlines
- Conducting customer, brand, and product research initiatives
- Overseeing the operation of our company’s website and email marketing program, as well as providing analytics reports to our executive management team
- Developing and managing marketing and inside sales budgets
- Offering expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media and events
- Participating in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Developing sales forecasting and product branding plans
- Negotiating with media partners to ensure advantageous contracts for the company
- Managing agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers including contract negotiation and management
- Coordinating with Operations Department around quoting and pricing
Important skills and abilities include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills and an upbeat personality
- Ability to manage employees including training and developing them, as well as making them feel valued
- Ability to negotiate and persuade
- Self-confidence and the ability to accept constructive criticism
- Good creative abilities
- Strong interest in creating and participating in a team environment
The best candidates will have some or all of the following background:
- Good experience leading and managing people with diverse jobs and personalities
- Experience managing an inside sales/lead generation group
- Media contract negotiation experience
- Experience with website oversight and email marketing programs
- Sales forecasting and product branding experience
- A working knowledge of Salesforce software
- Prior experience developing and managing budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred, with a master’s degree very desirable
- Must have the ability to travel overnight occasionally
Our organization’s focus is on electrical safety, maintenance, reliability, and sustainability solutions for a wide array of industries. For more information about our organization, please go to www.lewellyn.com and www.predictiveservice.com. (One thing on your “to do” list would be to oversee the creation of a new website!)
This position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package with access to group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and a matched 401(k) Plan. It’s an exciting time to join our company as we integrate and grow! You’ll work with us as to combine two talented teams of great employees into one cohesive department. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Megan Trainor, H.R. Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes with cover letters will receive priority handling as this position requires strong writing abilities!
Lewellyn Technology/Predictive Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Electrical Engineer/Field Technician – Click to apply
Hands-On Role That Combines Office Activities and Field Work
Lewellyn Technology has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer/Field Technician at our Indianapolis headquarters. Established in 1993, our organization has developed from an electrical safety training company to one with in-house electrical engineers and a national network of field technicians and safety consultants. We help companies protect their most important assets: their employees, their facilities, and their financial interests.
Lewellyn is proud to be recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc 5000!
Our areas of specialization include:
- Arc flash assessments, creation of lockout/tagout processes, infrared thermography, and preventive maintenance
- Dust hazards analysis (DHA), dust testing, design/engineering optimization and mitigation
- Onsite and online electrical and combustible dust safety training
- Safety program development, electrical safety audits and inspections, and more
The position will be primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. Some field work/travel for this position may be required as needed.
When working in the field at our client locations, you’ll collect electrical data to use in engineering power system studies that will be performed back in the office. This is a rare opportunity to not only use your engineering skills, but also to participate hands-on at clients in collecting data needed to create engineering reports. If the thought of being behind a desk full-time doesn’t appeal to you, you’ll be interested to know that this position will travel approximately 50% of the time (around 120 days a year) nationwide. Travel will be by air or rental car depending on the client location, so you will need to be able to withstand the rigors of travel (hauling your luggage, running through airports to make a tight connection, driving for several hours, dealing with cranky airline employees, etc).
When in the Indianapolis office, you will perform electrical engineering responsibilities such as:
- Inputting electrical data into SKM software
- Performing short circuit, arc flash, and coordination studies
- Obtaining information from utilities that supply electricity to our clients, and related duties
The best candidates will have experience working as an electrical engineer with power engineering experience being optimal. SKM software experience and the ability to read one-line diagrams are preferred. A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology is preferred with coursework in “power engineering and systems studies” the next best thing to experience. Being able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing is important. Because you would be representing Lewellyn at client locations, it’s important to have a professional yet friendly demeanor; “professional” is about your attitude and grooming in this case- not about wearing a suit- just to be clear! You would be provided with Lewellyn gear to wear at client locations, and our office allows for comfortable and casual attire when you’re working there.
Solid customer service skills are critical as is a teamwork mindset. Strong computer skills are required for the engineering portion of this position. This job requires the lifting of rather heavy front covers from electrical units in order to do a visual inspection, so being able to lift up to 50 pounds is important. Good eyesight and the ability to climb ladders, be comfortable in high places, reach above your head and below your knees is necessary. An acceptable MVR and valid driver’s license is required and the ability to pass initial and random drug testing is necessary. Authorization to work in the United States is required for consideration.
Lewellyn is a growing company with a friendly yet professional employee group. We are known for the high quality of our work- we’re the best in the electrical safety business! If you would like to apply and learn more about this opportunity, please complete our online application and upload your resume via our career application: https://lewellyn.com/career-application/
Lewellyn is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from a broad range of applicants because we are committed to diversity and an inclusive workplace. For more information about Lewellyn, please visit our website at www.lewellyn.com.
Field Technician – Click to apply
The Electrical Field Technician duties will include: traveling weekly to client sites across North America to gather electrical distribution system information, such as wire size, length, circuit breaker settings, fuse information, transformer data, etc; surveying facilities for exposures to live conductors; supporting engineers in power studies of client sites; creating field sketches of systems; presenting finished report to client, and affixing safety labels to electrical equipment.
The ideal candidate will project a professional appearance and have an extensive electrical background as an industrial electrician or engineer working with building electrical distribution systems.
Prospective candidates must pass skills testing to be considered for the position. Employment contingent upon passing a physical and criminal background and MVR check. Must be able to pass employment drug screening.
Potential candidates will have the following skills:
- at least five years of electrical experience in an industrial setting.
- must be safety oriented as well as able and willing to wear up to Category 4 PPE while on the job.
- must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet.
- must have a willingness to travel on a weekly basis.
- must be able to follow detailed and defined guidelines.
Candidates will also excel at both oral and written communication, able to provide outstanding customer service and work as a team. Must have current basic computer skills and ability to work with mobile devices, such as tablets, as part of the position.
Electrical Engineer – Click to apply
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for entering client electrical data into SKM or EasyPower software to produce an electrical system model and is responsible performing short circuit, coordination, and arc-flash studies for client facilities. The Electrical Engineer will work with project management to ensure timely completion of studies, and will also be responsible for obtaining utility data from utility providers.
The position will be located in Indianapolis, IN. Some field work/travel for this position may be required as needed.
Must have a BSEE from an accredited college or university. Power engineering and system studies experience is preferred, but will also consider entry level candidates. SKM software experience is preferred and ability to read one-line diagrams is preferred. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills and be able to work in a team environment. Must be willing to travel when required. Preferred candidates will aspire to obtain a professional license when eligible.
- Input electrical data into SKM software
- Perform short circuit studies
- Perform coordination studies
- Perform arc-flash studies
- Obtain utility information
- Work with other internal departments
- Process improvement
- Onsite field work
- Other duties as needed
It is the policy of Lewellyn Technology to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.