CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Combustible Dust Engineering Consultant – Click to apply
Lewellyn Technology, LLC, a progressive nationwide training, engineering, and consulting company, is seeking a Combustible Dust Engineering Consultant.
Position Overview – Engineer or safety and health representative with at least 5 years of experience in identifying various potential safety and health hazards (emphasis on combustible dust hazards) in facilities. The position will spend time identifying, assessing and mitigating safety, health and combustible dust hazards located throughout various industries throughout the United States.
Perform onsite Dust Hazard Audits and create Dust Hazard Analysis Reports. Depending on qualifications, perform training for customers and reports for potentially other products for targeted clients.
- Related Bachelor degree in engineering or other industrial or technical field.
- At least five years of experience in industrial ventilation installations and equipment along with a working knowledge of combustible dust NFPA standards.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing environments including safe practices and knowledge of recognized hazards associated with combustible dust.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process equipment that produces and transfers combustible dust and equipment that controls or collects combustible dust such as dust collectors, wet scrubbers, cyclones, electrostatic precipitators, and baghouses.
- Knowledge of NFPA combustible dust standards, risk assessments, and risk mitigation techniques and or similar OSHA standards.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new technology with respect to equipment that uses, produces, processes and transports combustible dust and develop a working understanding of the standards that govern this industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and photo editing and management software.
- Must be able to manage large quantities of digital files submitted and created for each project.
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates of all education levels from factory worker to president and conduct meetings with diverse groups of strangers in a formal technical setting.
- Speaking and training skills and experience a plus.
- The ability to work on your own and achieve results with minimal reliance on others within the allotted training period of six months.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must
- Ability to travel 4 to 8 days a month and spend the rest of the time sitting or standing at a computer
- CSP, CIH, PE or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, assessing and/or mitigating complex safety, health and combustible dust hazards in an industrial setting
- The position will preferably be based near Indianapolis, IN
Description of Essential Functions
- Effectively communicate hazards, mitigation strategies, and initiatives to owners/operators and employees at various facilities.
- Serve as the knowledge resource to facilities for OSHA and consensus standards (NFPA, FM Global, etc.), especially combustible dust
- Coordinate engineering resources needed to support mitigation recommendations and lead Dust Hazard Analyses (DHAs)
- Review and develop administrative controls including, but not limited to, housekeeping protocols, Management of Change (MOC), maintenance procedures, and safety and health programs.
- Develop and provide safety, health and combustible dust training programs for facilities
- Conduct safety-related incident investigations and root cause analysis (especially related to combustible dust fires and explosions)
- Develop technical reports that effectively describe all safety, health and combustible dust hazards discovered during onsite assessments and DHAs
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Industrial Electrician/Field Technician – Click to apply
Location: Baltimore/Indianapolis/Philadelphia/Washington D.C.
The Electrical Field Technician duties will include: traveling weekly to client sites across North America to gather electrical distribution system information, such as wire size, length, circuit breaker settings, fuse information, transformer data, etc; surveying facilities for exposures to live conductors; supporting engineers in power studies of client sites; creating field sketches of systems; presenting finished report to client, and affixing safety labels to electrical equipment.
The ideal candidate will project a professional appearance and have an extensive electrical background as an industrial electrician or engineer working with building electrical distribution systems.
Prospective candidates must pass skills testing to be considered for the position. Employment contingent upon passing a physical and criminal background and MVR check. Must be able to pass employment drug screening.
Potential candidates will have the following skills:
- at least five years of electrical experience in an industrial setting.
- must be safety oriented as well as able and willing to wear up to Category 4 PPE while on the job.
- must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet.
- must have a willingness to travel on a weekly basis.
- must be able to follow detailed and defined guidelines.
Candidates will also excel at both oral and written communication, able to provide outstanding customer service and work as a team. Must have current basic computer skills and ability to work with mobile devices, such as tablets, as part of the position.
Electrical Engineer – Click to apply
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for entering client electrical data into SKM or EasyPower software to produce an electrical system model and is responsible performing short circuit, coordination, and arc-flash studies for client facilities. The Electrical Engineer will work with project management to ensure timely completion of studies, and will also be responsible for obtaining utility data from utility providers.
Some field work/travel for this position may be required as needed.
Must have a BSEE from an accredited college or university. Power engineering and system studies experience is preferred, but will also consider entry level candidates. SKM software experience is preferred and ability to read one-line diagrams is preferred. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills and be able to work in a team environment. Must be willing to travel when required. Preferred candidates will aspire to obtain a professional license when eligible.
- Input electrical data into SKM software
- Perform short circuit studies
- Perform coordination studies
- Perform arc-flash studies
- Obtain utility information
- Work with other internal departments
- Process improvement
- Onsite field work
- Other duties as needed
This position requires a BSEE, authorization to work in the U.S. and residence in Indianapolis area as the candidate will be working out of our Indianapolis office.
It is the policy of Lewellyn Technology to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.